Rectors of Glandford

A Chapelry of Blakeney from the earliest times, Glandford was consolidated with that parish on 14th January, 1743, together with Cockthorpe and Little Langham (consolidated on 13th November, 1606). In 1922 it was joined to Wiveton to form a united benefice. The patronage, together with other churches in the district, was acquired by the late Sir Alfred Jodrell and devised on his death to Keble College, Oxford. Since the consolidation with Blakeney, the incumbents have been as follows :-

 

Date RECTOR (of Blakeney) PATRON
1743 Henry Calthorpe James Calthorpe
1781 Richard Thomas Gough James Calthorpe
1824 Joseph Cotterill Lord Calthorpe
1858 Richard Henry Tillard Lord Calthorpe
1906 David Lee Lee-Elliott Lord Calthorpe
1915 Robert Gordon Roe Lady Anstruther Gough Calthorpe
1922 Charles Toft
RECTOR (of Wiveton and Glandford and from 1935 also Rector of Cley)
Sir Alfred Jodrell
1956 Charles Lawrence Scrutton LinnellRECTOR (of Letheringsett with Bayfield and Glandford) Keble College, Oxford
1962 Arthur Gordon Westwood Paget
RECTOR (of Letheringsett with Bayfield and Glandford)
Keble College, Oxford
1969 Arthur Mellor Gamble
RECTOR (of Letheringsett with Bayfield, and Cley with Wiveton)
Keble College, Oxford
1978 David Powys Maurice
RECTOR (of Glaven and Stiffkey Association of Parishes)
Keble College, Oxford
1989 Nicholas Roger Martin
 
RECTOR (of Blakeney, Cley, Glandford, Letheringsett and Wiveton)
Keble College, Oxford and the Bishop of Norwich
1998 Philip Geoffery Frank Norwood
 
RECTOR (of Blakeney, Cley, Glandford, Letheringsett and Wiveton)
Keble College, Oxford and the Bishop of Norwich